From: Judy Seigel [mailto:jseigel@panix.com]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 11:18 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Family snaps to gum bichromate

I'd agree with Camden's suggestion about comparison testing, but...
watch
it on the "not detail-oriented" stuff, which may be too close for
comfort
to the old canard (actually beyond canard, into shibboleth, even
formerly
on the Photographers' Formulary website) that "gum can't do fine
detail."
I'm sure he didn't mean that, rather pointing to the fact that folks
hung
up on sharp crisp tight infinite perfect detail would tend to go to
another process (which shall here be nameless) rather than one where the

paper can get twisty or other hazards of multiple coats can have a
softening effect, and indeed there is that dot gain.