U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Weston paper

Weston paper

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Weston paper
  • From: K M <cyanotype@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:50:59 -0400

A few months ago I asked about Weston paper, so I figure I ought to
give back my opinion, which is a big thumbs up (joining a choir here I
guess). I've used it for VDB and cyanotype and really like the
results. Takes a faster exposure and yields high quality prints more
consistently than some other papers I've used. Had to get used to it
being thinner than other papers I use; I had no idea I'm a bit rough
in handling papers during rinsing, though at least I haven't torn any
Weston yet.

I'd prefer a colder white for a cyanotype substrate, but can't beat
the result (and the price). Next I need to see how well the Weston
paper holds up to frequent handling as I've made an artist book with
it, which will soon be on display and subject to frequent handling.

Karen Molloy
www.karenmolloy.com

stop by my studio at
somerville open studios 5-6 May