U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: buffered matte board??

RE: buffered matte board??

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: buffered matte board??
  • From: Gawain Weaver <gawain.weaver@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:48:31 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index:content-language:message-id;b=tw3aoMEdywvDQAw1b1ManXS6IeamhGxcg2C1NJKQtFR99pcSinFu7ZtjGZ1on1cwp5hMepfWY345E+Ve4pZClg0CymdN+eJ+M3c26qCwxNqgxSwWS94LEPQE2+rG5m91cJe70FtdgoF3p/8Jo+WNMC0CVRunp3Oa5LPacpIJm/Q=

It's interesting to hear your observations about this, and I hope that
others will speak up if they have had similar experiences. Such anecdotal
evidence has been cited in the past and is the reason behind many people's
use of unbuffered matboard for storing cyanotypes.

Though I tried to word it carefully, I should clarify one thing. Such
anecdotes do not disagree with my intended statement, which is only that it
has not been demonstrated to be harmful. By which I mean, there has been no
published experimental work.

Gawain Weaver