U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Unknown area in Gum printing?

Re: Unknown area in Gum printing?

Jacek, this is way underpigmented for lamp black, so as I guessed earlier, pigment stain due to overpigmentation is definitely not your problem here, as you might have seen if you'd checked the comparison images I pointed to for lamp black. I'd agree with Judy; your stain in highlight areas (and I'd definitely call that pigment stain in the highlights on the Arches) is probably a function of the unhardened size. It's interesting that the unhardened gelatin seems to work better on the Fabriano paper. I agree that tray clearing is probably better than spraying the clearing agent on.
kt