U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Unknown areas in Gum printing?, etc.

Re: Unknown areas in Gum printing?, etc.

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Unknown areas in Gum printing?, etc.
  • From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer@pacifier.com>
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 06:47:01 -0700

On Apr 27, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Judy Seigel wrote:

As for gum + dichromate as hardener, I've tried it carefully, as have others. IMO its a PITA... very difficult or impossible to remove all subsequent tone, and has a different effect as base for print.
I agree with Judy that after testing it, I wouldn't be inclined to recommend dichromate-hardened gum as a size for gum.
kt