U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Digital Negs: banding on pictorico ohp

RE: Digital Negs: banding on pictorico ohp

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Digital Negs: banding on pictorico ohp
  • From: Robert Krawiec <robk64@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 19:42:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Don Bryant <dsbryant@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Not speaking for Mark, but alignment with OHP vs.
> EEM will make a big
> difference. The OHP has almost zero dot gain and the
> alignment patterns will
> be much sharper and more delineated. It made a big
> difference for me with my
> printers.

Just curious, but does this mean that the alignment
will be off for other media? I print mainly on
Hahnemuhle matte papers.

Also, on the Epson 4000, I have to manually feed the
OHP into the top slot...will the automatic head
alignment like this?

Thanks for all the replies! I'm so close to getting a
nice POP print from a digital file that I can almost
taste it and was really frustrated by this latest
setback.

Rob