U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Freezing gum solution

Re: Freezing gum solution

I have frozen gum arabic, if I recall it was some of Cactus Dave's Varn, which I had bought to test, since he recommended it so highly. But that was without any dichromate. It seemed to work fine when I thawed and used it... but I add a couple of caveats:

All gums are not created equal.

That was only one try after maybe 2 weeks in the freezer. (Bluefish keeps in the freezer fine for a few months, for instance, but when it gets lost in the deeps, it may start to stink.)

It's being developed with NEW YORK WATER !

And of course it had no dichromate.

But it's a good experiment -- and what have you got to lose?

You will of course let us know... thanx,

Judy

flash: thrilling new website (please visit):

www.frontandbackpress.com
or
www.politicalfrontandback.com.

which goes to the same place. (Don't ask me why... it's a long story..)