From: Ender100@aol.com
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Freezing gum solution
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 16:54:00 -0400 (EDT)

Marek,

You didn't put a stick in there and make a popsicle, did ya? hehehehe

Mark
In a message dated 5/8/07 12:46:27 PM, marekmatusz@hotmail.com writes:

All,
I have a question for veteran gum users, or maybe those with long memories. Short background. I print in batches and make  enough gum solution containing gum, pigment and dichromate for a session. For 10 11x17 prints that amounts to 70 cc solution. The other day I made double the amount (that was a mistake on my part). At the end of the coating session I had a big batch of premixed gum solution with dichromate left over. Not wanting to waste perfectly good solution I froze it. Here is my question: does anybody think the solution is usable and what would be even more valuable, does anybody have experience with freezing sensitized gum solution?
Marek

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

See what you’re getting into…before you go there