From: Richard Sullivan [mailto:richsul@earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 7:38 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: Single coat gums

Talk about dredging up the past!

I had forgotten even doing that.

Now that I have worked with carbon for a few years I can see where Zimmerman
was coming from.

I think his process is similar to what we think the direct carbon process
was, and in specifics, the Arvel process. Christian Nze sent me a
translation of a formula for direct carbon a few years ago. Basically it was
a very thin tissue with very little gelatin and lots of pigment. Sounds a
lot like Z's method. I am not sure what the working model is for this just
yet. Like Jack Benny, I'm thinkin.

--Dick