U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum exposures with NuArc 26-1K?

Re: gum exposures with NuArc 26-1K?

On Sat, 26 May 2007, Erie Patsellis wrote:

Just as a sanity check, is anybody on the list exposing gum with a NuArc platemaker? what are your exposures running?
Do you think yours are too short or too long? Mine were always very close to exposures with the BL fluorescents as for a long time I used them interchangeably -- from 1 to 3 minutes. If yours seem long, is your glass clean? Have you cross-checked in sun... maybe your am di is too weak, or contaminated? Or negatives too dense? Gum needs density range of about 1 (IIRC, it's been a while since I measured.) Or are you mixing emulsion too far in advance? Or letting coated paper wait too long?

I also note that when I changed from film neg to paper neg (inkjet) exposure times were about half... or less. Paper doesn't have the built-in filters.

Good luck...

J.

"I'd recommend it for a Pulitzer Prize, except I lack the credentials."

Read My T-Shirt for President: A True History of the PoliticalFront _ and
Back, by Judy Seigel. For Delicious details, and how to order:

www.frontandbackpress.com