U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Digital Film backup

Digital Film backup

There has been some discussion here in the past about the best (and cheapest) ways to store digital content for the future. I've expressed my opionion that, ironically, film may be the new wave for storing content origninating electronically in digital formats. The same discussion, BTW, has been occuring on other listservs such as AMIA-L.

Here's a link to one company that is providing such a service. I have no affiliation with them and have no idea what kind of work they do. I know some of the folks on the alt-photo list like to keep track of what's going on so I'm passing this along since it's something I have to deal with in my current "day job."

Best to all... -greg schmitz

<http://www.acmeworksdf.com/backgrounder.html>