U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Drying of handmade watercolour paper

Drying of handmade watercolour paper

Hi!

To dry watercolour paper used for different fine print processes, I usually use adhesive tape to glue the paper onto a glass surface to keep the paper flat and prevent it from rippling during the drying process. This of course means, that I have to cut off the edges where the tape is still stuck to the paper after it is dried. Now I've got hand on some really nice hand made paper with "rough" edges, which I'd really like to keep, but if I dry the paper the described way, I would have to cut off the edges.

Do someone have a suggestion how to dry these papers and make sure the paper stays flat without ruining the edges with the tape?

Regards,
Tor