U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Anti Newton Ring Glass Supplier

Re: Anti Newton Ring Glass Supplier

----- Original Message ----- From: "eric nelson" <emanphoto@gmail.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: Anti Newton Ring Glass Supplier

Thanks Don. I'll keep trying to contact him before making an order as
a somewhat running website isn't an indication of a sign of life. =)
Eric
Look for anti-glare glass. This is similar to anti-newton glass in that its etched on one side. I don't know exactly what is available but it worth checking out local glass and framing shops to see there if you can find something suitable. I suspect that glass with an anti-reflective coating similar to camera lenses would also work but have never tried this. Such glass is also sold for picture framing because it reduces the reflection from the glass surface. I don't think either kind is particularly expensive.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com