From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Old carbon tissue
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:51:11 -0400

Doug,

You can go much higher with the development water, up to 120-125 F. This may help a lot with older tissue.

Sandy

At 2:22 PM -0400 7/6/07, dhowk wrote:
I presume "going bad" is gradual (though quicker than I expected ;-(   I had some problems today with getting adhesion to the final support. Did a test as Sandy recommended, and the pigment did eventually dissolve. So, placed a blotter paper under the sandwich, and applied more pressure (heavy glazed tile).  Also raised the temp of the developer bath to above 105f.  Did get tissue separation & adherence to final support. Cut up & froze remaining B&S tissue so I can at least continue experimenting with the process.
Doug Howk