U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Negative Scanning

RE: Negative Scanning

Title: RE: Negative Scanning
I have scanned hundreds of negatives developed in Pyrocat-HD and the grain is actually less obtrusive than what you get in most non-staining developers. With a film like TMY or TRI-X 320 the grain actually seems smaller than what you get with Xtol.

I suspect that your have some type of sharpening turned on in making the scan? If so, that will add a lot of noise to your scan and you are much better off turning off all sharpening in the initial scan and doing that later in Photoshop where you have much more extensive controls.

Sandy King