U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: digital negatives and Epson printers

Re: digital negatives and Epson printers

Erich,

The reason you might want to replace the Epson ink set with the Piezography K7 inkset is to get more UV blocking than you can get with the Epson inks when printing in black composite. There you are limited to about log 2.05 UV, whereas with the Piezography inks you can get close to log 3.0.

The QTR RIP is not absolutely necessary with the R1800, unless you need more UV blocking density for your process as the black composite inks print very smoothly as is.

Sandy King