U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Shooting long range negs?

Re: Shooting long range negs?

Ross,

By varying the dilution of HC110 (or Rodinal I suppose) you should be able to obtain higher contrast indices and results, and denser negatives than those which the other Kodak developers can produce.

The official Contrast Index curve for 320TXP sheets developed in trays is here:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/f4017/ f009_0501ac.gif

and shows HC110 dilution B at around 13 minutes 20C will produce a CI of about 0.95 which is what you will need for Salted Paper.

(Personally, I'd try a test shot at 1/2xISO and knock the dilution back to dilution A or perhaps even 1+9 out of the developer concentrate bottle, maybe 7 minutes at 20C or thereabouts because I don't like extended development times.)

Joe