U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Panoramic Digital Negatives

Re: Panoramic Digital Negatives

Hi Rodolfo and Mike,

It's allways the absolute pixel numbers that count here! PPI (pixels per inch and not dpi, because we are talking about pixels not dots) is allways relaltive to your output mode(screen, printer, cellphone, iPod etc.). When stichtching, height and width of your final image are determined by the sum of the pixel number you input minus (the neccesary) overlap and (un)warping loss by the stichching algorithm. But you can tell PTgui or PTMac the exact number of pixels it has to output and it down- or even upsamples (by inventing pixels) it for you.

PTMac is a Mac GUI for the panotools library and PTGui was originally a PC version buti now has also Mac version too. Both apps are excellent tools, with a somewhat high learning curve though. Photoshop CS3 merging is very easy to use.

kees