U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: silvergrain websites are gone but I'm still here

Re: silvergrain websites are gone but I'm still here

Ryuji,

I'm sorry to hear about that; I've had that happen to me a few times as
well.

I've learned from experience not to trust anyone with my data except myself.
Nowadays when I'm shopping for hosts I look for one that offers me shell
access to my server space.  That way, I can set up scheduled scripts to
automatically backup any mysql databases I have, and then shoot that backup
as well as a copy of everything else to a computer off-site (often my home
machine).

If you haven't yet found a new host, I have fallen in love with
Dreamhost(.com) and highly recommend them to everyone I talk to.  Their
servers are reliable, and customer service is top notch.  And now the
obligatory disclaimer: I have no financial interest in this company, just a
happy customer.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net