U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Artistico Unsized?

RE: Artistico Unsized?

But it seems like the cost of the Masa + dry adhesive + Yupo still make it
not so cheap anymore.

Are you familiar with the wet mounting method for brush painting? I am
thinking that you might be able to mount 2 pieces of Masa paper together,
and instead of using traditional glue/starch, you can use diluted acrylic
medium, and that will function as the glue and has some sizing effect two,
so you achieve two things with one work, and the front and back would look
the same, and you don't need the dry adhesive.

Well, but of course adhesive + Yupo is fine too. I am just tossing in some
ideas. Hope you don't mind.

And it seems like a good paper to buy. If I can use it for gum print, I will
use it. If I don't like it, I can use it for brush painting. If I still
don't like it for that, I can use it for practice.   :)

Dave