U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Kirkland redux and diginegs for BW

RE: Kirkland redux and diginegs for BW

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Kirkland redux and diginegs for BW
  • From: EJN Photo <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 12:55:25 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:References:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:In-reply-to:X-MIMEOLE:Thread-Index;b=2pEaZg6es4fEjNeF/gGtDsw+6Lzy/LjfDyv7gvMm1xdrXvg9dxfeIT9iRGxsiwbmuo/hD5Pv5xwy3ANn32sbUaeXJpzwbhG6FCCzP5NRAbsXNJQ8WI3zVzeDrad93yq9wAdcbX6TheGRIPS8VM9tTS/nnq95iiRFdG84EwH/cHc= ;

Chris, It is good to know that David's paper is still available. I had
written an article about using his paper for regular silver printing for
Photo Vision magazine back in 1999, or 2000. It is a wonderful paper. Green
and blue are the color we look at in MC printing. Cold light heads like
Aristo make this easy to see however you can use the opposite color as well
magenta and yellow. As the MC papers developed, the colors of the gels also
changed. If you look at gels from the 70's and 80's they are quite different
in color than those from the late 90's.

Printing acceptable B&W prints from color negs got much easier with the
newer papers as well.

Besides being a great bromoil paper, David's paper also works great for
those that still like to hand color their silver prints. I liked it better
than the Agfa 118 surface but his limited size, up to 11x14, kept me away
from using it all the time. It tones extremely well with sepia and selenium
toners too!

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9