U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: alt exhibit

Re: alt exhibit

I was impressed by the quality of works, too, as shown on their site.

That's a really good question. Seems like everybody I know makes digital prints, and so many exhibits I see are overwhelmingly produced in digital form. I have no problem with that, especially as I see many that are beautifully (and often very cleverly) executed-- both in image content and in printing. I just don't understand how a digital print, no matter how cleverly and expertly carried out, is-- in any way-- alternative, since digital prints seem to be very firmly situated in the mainstream.