U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Beware of Amazon.com

RE: Beware of Amazon.com

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007, Don Bryant wrote:
ISBN: 0879920149

The nice thing about the internet is that it never closes.

Don, I hope, I really hope you're wrong... otherwise life isn't fair (tho of course we knew that). I called Cynthia this AM & the ISBN # she gave me for the Club book was....

978-1-877675-64-5

There are many possible explanations for the discrepancy, including evil digitons at her place or yours... but I'll check with her sometime tonight and see what we learn.....

Meanwhile, speaking of evil digitons, who else has read today (Saturday)'s column on the first page of the NY Times Business Section by Joe Nocera ("Talking Business")? The headline was "They Just Call Them Smartphones," the blurb was "Feeling the urge to attack a Treo with a Swiss Army Knife," the story was of the hours and hours he spent with various levels of tech support to get his Treo running, then again and again and again as glitch after glitch appeared, evolved, resisted, continued, bloomed, metastisized and prevailed. It was so painful (and familiar) I didn't have the heart to continue to the bitter end on page 4, except to read the blurb, which was "Asking too much of technology. Even a toaster oven doesn't multitask well."

Now consider (and this I 1000% guarantee) how much more loving care a columnist for the NY Times gets than just Joe Consumer, and if you're a woman, fuggedaboudit... -- they practically tell you to go bake some cookies.

Judy