Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: ''Alternative Subjects?'' Off Topic Fun

Dear Mr Grocott,

As member 7562 of the Cloud Appreciation Society I may represent those interested in both clouds and alt processes. As clouds are often to be found in the landscapes appealing to me, it seems that it could make sense to understand them better, if only to help predict their behaviour between loading film and finding an attractive vantage point.

The founder of the Society, Gavin Pretor-Pinney, has published a comprehensive and very readable book, "The Cloudspotter's Guide."

He is co-founder and creative director of "The Idler" magazine and has published a book on that subject.

There does seem to be some correspondence between cloud spotting and idling; making the effort to photograph them as well could be supererogatory for a true idler:-)

Regards - Ross Chambers

Blue Mountains
New South Wales
Australia