To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 8:38 AM
Subject: RE: How Independent Are We, Really?

Ho-ho! Please don't strikethrough home made pinhole cameras... (For
instance, I have a self-made 15x30cm curved plane panoramic pinhole
camera - which still waits its first use since when I finished it on
May; shame on me!) There are also ways to make your own lens and camera
(proper!); see the book "Primitive Photography: A Guide to Making
Cameras, Lenses, and Calotypes" by Alan Greene.
(http://tinyurl.com/2ez7fm)

Yes, you still need something light sensitive - which most probably
would be factory produced - but there are people out there doing
research (and/or sharing previously done research, along with their
personal experience) about DIY light sensitive silver emulsions... (And
we have Dageurreotype, Calotype, Wet-Plate Collodion, Dry-Plate...)