U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Beware of Silvergrain!

Beware of Silvergrain!

I personally don't run the business aspect at all, but I
occasionally check business records and also enjoy reading
customer comments, etc. So far, I know their pricing is very
reasonable and the customer feedback has been 100% positive.
So, as far as I can see as the licenser of the formulas and
brand name, the business aspect has nothing to do with the
subject line of this posting.

I have finally recovered, tho only partially, from the heart
attack made by the server management company that disappeared
without any warning. Like you read on Nature and Pubmed
database, red wine has been particularly effective on this
one. So I have started to work on restoring the site contents
from the most recent AVAILABLE backup. The thing is that the
most recent available backup is too old and it is something
I'm reluctant to show to the world again. But I have no
choice, after seeing so many emails requesting to put the site
back up. The site design also changed considerably, but the
most recent backup is before all these major changes.

So I thought to ask... since many people offered help...

When you see the site back up, please compare the date of your
local copy and see if it's newer than what's on the restored
site. A lot of lost work was made in May through August of
this year. If you have a page that's newer than the restored
page, I want a copy of it, please. Please mail such material
to rs+web@silvergrain.org. I can handle HTML, plain text and
PDF most easily. Just attach them or use tar or zip and then
attach. The volume of emails I handle is pretty large and I
appreciate you use this address (rs+web) that goes into a
separate folder that I check when I work on the web site.

I have a few important deadlines in my non-photographic life
in next few months, and so I can't promise much on "when"
aspect but I'll slowly work on updating the site and
re-implementing the updates I made previously. But until then,
please use my website carefully... the shit's old.

Meanwhile, I've also got some comments about ebay from people
who got same or similar experience... They recommend to be
persistent in sending complaints to ebay and request to
reinstate my account. Well, see below for what I have to say.

P.S. My work is in this:

http://www.tremont647.com/fashion.html

If you live in Boston area, please check it out...
--
Ryuji Suzuki
http://silvergrain.org