U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Christina's book was Re: Beware of Amazon.com

Re: Christina's book was Re: Beware of Amazon.com

Thanks for the kind words, Jean!

Let me tell you another thing about PhotoEye, why they are
slow in shipping the book.  I have had to adopt the policy,
after they have owed me over $600 twice now, to not send
them books until payment is received. This takes time.  I am
not the only author who has had to adopt this policy with
them, btw.  I used to think I was the only one picked on,
but talked with a couple others who have had to adopt the
same policy or the bill starts getting so big that your
hopes of ever getting paid get slim.  Sorry you had to wait
so long for the book, because at Malin's site I send the
books flat rate envelope immediately, and the longest it
takes is 3 wks and that is to, i think, Australia and
Africa.  Only once did a book get lost in the mail, too,
with that service (though I can't track a package that way).

That said, PhotoEye's website and catalog are stellar, as
well as their photographer's website, so they provide an
incredible place for photography books.  So in a way I am
honored to be part of their business.
Chris