U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Marton's New Treatise on the New Method of Carbon Printing

Re: Marton's New Treatise on the New Method of Carbon Printing

Ron wrote:

Yes this copy contains Part V The Appendix - It is the section on Carbon Tissue manufacture.
Thanks! Very interesting -- one more data point. I have been trying to figure out exactly when Part V disappeared. I have one copy of the 2nd edition that had a piece of paper pasted over the last table of contents page, covering over the TOC entry for Part V. And Part V is in fact missing, as originally bound. The paste had weakened over time, and was easy to peel off, revealing the Part V TOC entry. I have also seen 2nd edition copies that have a revised TOC (no Part V entry), and no Part V of the book. Until now, I was not aware that any 2nd edition copies have Part V. Very confusing.

Best regards,

etienne