U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum over Cyanotype on unsized Masa Paper

Re: Gum over Cyanotype on unsized Masa Paper

Thanks.

Yes, flaking (flagging) in the development stage. My experience with sized Artistico (old version) was good except the images are softer when compared to prints on unsized paper (whites are better, more open but not to a great extent). I don't know what it is so, maybe because of gelatin swelling!? Any ideas?

Quoting Laura Valentino <laura@this.is>:

Wow, that's strangely beautiful :)

By flaking, do you mean during the development? That happened to me
today, on my 2nd layer of gum. It just flaked off. But the first layer
stuck like crazy (on sized aritistico). Had to brush it vigorously. I'm
definitely having coating problems!

Laura

Loris Medici wrote:
Wanted to share:
http://www.loris.medici.name/gum/gum_over_cyanotype_01_sm.jpg

It's a little bit muddy; will try on sized paper later (but I'm afraid since I experienced flaking back when I was testing sized Masa).