U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Archival washing at home

Re: Archival washing at home

I do all of my wet work in my bathroom. I made a shelf of 1-1/2 inch PVC tubing that runs the length of my bathtub. That allows me to have two layers of trays. For washing, I use one of those containers sold at Target, WalMart, etc. for storing things under the bed. I put it at the bottom layer, directly in the tub, and fill it from the faucet. I put a submersible aquarium pump in one corner (from the local pet store) - it provides motion to the water. I change the water several times, depending on the process.
juan
Camden Hardy wrote:
I'm starting to get my alt lab all set up at home; if all goes to plan, I'll
have a NuArc in my possession about a week from now.

That said, I've run into a bit of a logistical dilemma that I was hoping
someone might have an answer to: archival washing (mostly for pt/pd prints).
I live in a rented apartment, which means I can't touch the plumbing. This
also means that any "external" plumbing I rig up needs to be easily taken
down and concealed, as my landlord periodically inspects all the apartments
in my complex.

I plan to make fairly large prints, so the bathtub seems like the best place
to set something up.

I'm curious what other printers have rigged in their bathrooms/kitchens/etc.
(pictures would great if possible) for their final wash, and whether anyone
has any ideas for me.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net