U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: (1) Gum over Cyanotype on sized Masa paper (rough side) - (2)Pigme

Re: (1) Gum over Cyanotype on sized Masa paper (rough side) - (2)Pigment that makes gum insoluble w/o exposure?

Loris, thanks for sharing this. Just a couple of thoughts:

Transparent colors should give you a neutral color balance just as easily as opaque ones, if not moreso, because there's a clean mix of the colors overlaying. It's hard to tell from the screen, but I would have said your print has a blue-green cast. More PV19 should neutralize that; did you try printing with a little deeper concentration of that? Transparent doesn't mean wimpy, as my website comparisons of transparent vs opaque pigments demonstrate.

Thanks for correcting the name of the pigment; I had noticed but didn't want to make a point of it.
I'm glad you went to the source and got the right name.

You're doing great, and thanks again for sharing. Pictures worth many many words, as you know.
Katharine