U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Two tricolor prints

Re: Two tricolor prints

I should add that the color for the colorized negatives is one that I spent a lot of time establishing and refining; I'm sure this is the right color for my printer and light source, negative material, etc. I use this color routinely on all my negatives now, and get good results from it for routine gum printing of all kinds. But in studying the separations and the color layers individually, it seems it's not blocking enough in the tricolor layers; the cloudiness seems to be caused by color printing where it shouldn't, and neutralizing the colors that should be there (such as blue printing on the poppies and greying the orange color).
kt