U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Two tricolor prints

RE: Two tricolor prints

Katharine,
A great example that illustrates the point that I was trying to make to Charles. Your muddy and dark print is a result of overall low contrast of your negatives, so I would suggest correcting the curves not altering pigments. This is exactly what you have done by printing more contrasty negatives resulting in a print with a lot of "punch". Remember that changing printer setting could change the "curve" (or should I say ink density) without strictly applying curve dialog in Photoshop.
Thanks for a great teaching example.
Marek