From: Marek Matusz [mailto:marekmatusz@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:19 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: two questions about gum

Charles,
I would say you should adjust your curve and not cut your pigments.
Cutting down on pigment will result in whimpy and grey looking print.
Adjust your curve so that you add ink density to the middle tones
resulting in lighter CYM printed layers. Longer development would help
as well. I like to have my negatives for tricolor gum to be a bit more
contrasty then they would be for a single coat gum and each layer when
printed somewhat ligher then for a single coat gum. Am I making sense
here?
My 3c for the day
Marek