U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: uncurve/curve comparison on Loris' website

Re: uncurve/curve comparison on Loris' website

Interesting. I'd characterize that comparison very differently; the bottom one, to my eye, is heavily cyan-biased; the upper one simply cuts the cyan way back to match the rather undersaturated yellow and magenta. It's an interesting effect, and certainly if the same pigment mixtures are used for both, a special curve for the cyan layer would be necessary to cut back the extra cyan without disturbing the other colors. I'd do it by adjusting the cyan pigment downward to match the saturation of the other colors to get the same effect. Different roads to the same kingdom.
Katharine