U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Two tricolor prints

Re: Two tricolor prints

Katherine,

Part of the problem is that I posted to the wrong thread regarding your curve.

I believe it was your post below that I was referring to.  It sounded as if the curve you had calibrated for gum was giving you flat midtones in order to get separation in the shadows and highlights—as were examples that others had sent to you.

I was asking if you could send the curve you were working on or post it so that I could see more clearly what you are talking about—often the shape of the curve will tell you a lot about what is going on.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com