U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: papers for gum

Re: papers for gum

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: papers for gum
  • From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 02:03:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007, Laura Valentino wrote:

Thanks Loris, Katharine and Judy for your comments on papers...it's more than just a matter of what you like - tips like "easy to coat" or "too textured for small prints" or "difficult without a support sheet" are very helpful in knowing what to choose, especially sight unseen.
Some years ago one of the print supply houses (graphic chemical? something like that) sold a pack of paper swatches for a modest price. I found it very helpful. Even though I had or had used most of the papers at one time or another, having them together & labeled was much better than digging through stacks.

J.