U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: world's oldest photo lab article

RE: world's oldest photo lab article

Rumor is that the photos are actually of Judy Seigel's darkroom ....

Actually, Don, et al, my darkroom was *built* in 1832, making it by my math older than "the world's oldest," tho it didn't become a darkroom until my reign of terror, a few years after that.

The late Peter Moore took some marvelous photos of that darkroom (which I'll find in the mess around here some day) for a Modern Photography article. But they called it "the Dungeon Darkroom," which struck me as somewhat insensitive. (I thought of it more as a grotto.) Now of course I work mostly upstairs in the studio ("lightroom"), but I still love that space... cool in summer, cozy in winter. (And yes, I had/have a lot of chemicals. Doesn't everybody?)

J.

Don Bryant
-------------- Original message from eric nelson <emanphoto@gmail.com>:

That IS interesting!