Camera Work Volume 2, i.e. issues 5-8
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Camera Work Volume 2, i.e. issues 5-8
- From: Jeremy Moore <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 15:16:49 -0500
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;bh=EfDt9XfucRAwzw2qzULOHlCDapGW+XIEeEzymV6cn2w=;b=YP5bwC+SHoZdjrvat+RHfsfvwf8vPMo3l/YVOyHKU7986q7z43PM+8W+fAJPJtfjo+pEZsw89g6QSLkObje/YnpY17FIVm7s024Qi7XTWEn9djpNgbiFjG1qr49fiPAQSSz6FMP4C71JNV8tQ5s7kJ6nBLwueYPSfpug00FAUwE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;b=QbOKbL9P2f3lRvXWRdMae/3a2CDLWz50NktuUNBIqLAW55sCgRg5umG1dJD429v1cjoIh71AdP4bp22WXT74w5g06wc8gROsIyZIY4JzwRYmvF9VIXOLpMOZ6at+ZD1+mpKcTLoSxUpMnCzYsdN4062bn+dnFJa0kB63M1tf1GY=
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
Just an FYI that volume 2 consisting of issues 5-8 is up on Lulu.com
I've ordered my copy and though I haven't seen it in the flesh, yet, I thought I would give everyone a heads up. The formatting on this volume has changed as I'm autocropping all of the text and centering it. This changes the design on a couple of the pages, but not the information provided. Reason for this? Speed/Time. I manually cropped all of the pages in the first volume and started doing so on the 2nd, but when I automated the process I dropped the processing time immensely. Work on the 3rd volume will begin after my school critiques this month.
On 6/18/07, Jeremy Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I thought I would go ahead and throw a commercial-ish announcement around the alt process network in case anyone missed the previous discussion about Camera
Just to give you a more detailed description of what I'm doing: I was
able to gather a set of all 50 issues on loan and am in the process of
scanning the issues and creating a digital master set to be uploaded to
http://www.lulu.com for reprinting. With
the availability of books with high quality (well, offset)
reproductions of the illustrations
my main concern is the text, so the books are being printed in
b&w to keep the costs down. They will be released in
volumes of ~300 pages (which is 3-4 issues depending on individual
issue length) with a cost of $19.99/volume.
I am asking you to spend a little bit of money and invest the time to read Stieglitz's
Camera Work: Issues 1-4
On 4/16/07, Jeremy Moore <
I do not mean reproductions of just the illustrations, I mean a reproduction of every single page of camera work including the ads. I am trying to get a contact list to email out all of the particulars of what I am doing and the timeline for the project. If you'd like to be included in this contact list just email me off list. I should have a copy of the first 4 issues in hand in about 3 weeks... exciting!
On 4/16/07, Katharine Thayer <
I have somewhere, a very fat softcover book that is just that:
reproductions of illustrations from Camera Work. It's in storage
right now so can't look up the publication details, but certainly in
the last 10 or 15 years.
On Apr 16, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Thom Mitchell wrote:
> I would be, of course that all depends on the price point of the
> result. Put me on your contact list for it. Thanks, Thom
> Jeremy Moore wrote:
>> On 4/15/07, Thom Mitchell <email@example.com> wrote: ISo if
>> you have a couple issues of camera work you can carve them up and
>> pay for a nice luxury
>> vehicle or a good down payment on a house.
>> On this note, would anyone be interested in a softback reprinting
Camera Work? If you are please contact me off list. As the
>> issues are out of the public domain I am looking into having all
>> 50 issues reprinted.
>> -Jeremy Moore-