U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | re orotone

re orotone

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: re orotone
  • From: Barry Singer <bsinger@sasktel.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:07:39 -0600

Poor man's orotone.
I have tried printing a positive on transperancy film, with my printer. Then spraying the back of the tranperancy with gold toned paint. Interesting results. Can do the same with mounting a positive transperancy with gold colored foil, found in the xmas wrapping paper department of all the best Walmart stores (not that I shop at Walmart).

I know none of this sounds dangerous, messy or scientific enough to be a real alt-process, but sometimes the results look good.

Barry Singer