U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Three tricolor prints

Re: Three tricolor prints

Hi Katharine,

Just an idea and not so sure if its worth even trying out? If you were to take 3 of the seperation negatives and Gum print them individually on 3 different sets of your favourite paper. Then scan each gum print, you'd have to grey scale each one and then add each channel to a new photoshop RGB file. So what would turn out? A full colour image...though would it be anything like the original digital image from where it came, in regards with hue, saturation, colour, brightness, contrast? Would this be a tool in troubleshooting?
I know there is another mode in Photoshop, CMYK selective colour or MultiChannel, where you can set the colour channel to what you want, don't know if that helps?

Can I ask what your printing on (Transparency+Printer)? Also if you do muliple coats for each colour to build them up?

Cheers
Jacek

 On Wed Oct 17  1:44 , Katharine Thayer <kthayer@pacifier.com> sent: