U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: I have a question

Re: I have a question

Drain disposal of dilute aqueous solutions containing formaldehyde is permitted to the limit of 100 grams of solute per laboratory per day (for example, 1 liter of 10% formalin or 10 liters of 1% formalin).

so I guess the answer is you can toss a litle bit down the frain each day...
I'm guess it breaks down to something harmless or not too toxic eventually...