U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: dpi for digital negatives

Re: dpi for digital negatives

Hi!,  banding problem periodically comes to visit and look for my work.
I print with 2100 epson on Agfa jet film, setting glossy paper and 2880.
Files are 360 dpi. Colour is 70.255.0 - 90.255.0 for carbon print.
Epson utility helps but it's not a definitive solution.
I think the problem is related to temperature because I noticed it
arrives with change, but it's  specific of areas with a lot of ink ( 0
- 15% of density on positive) on wide immages (30x45cm): may we say
that there is not ink enough in critical situations? (is that a
critical situation?)
When they want disappear, and I don't know why.
So, do anybody tried other settings (less then 2880 or other paper support)?
tanks
damiano

--
www.damianobianca.it