U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: dpi for digital negatives

Re: dpi for digital negatives

I thought Marilyn was asking what is the best print setting, not what is the best file resolution (which would be expressed in ppi not dpi). If she's asking what's the best file resolution, then I'd agree it doesn't need to be more than 360, but if she's asking what's the best printing resolution, I'd say the best resolution the printer is capable of.
Katharine