U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: resinotype question

Re: resinotype question

Do you happen to know which pigments might not
be compatible with this process?
Every earth and oxides, lampblack, etc. are very good pigments, though some of them may be too weak (see raw umbra). I prefer to not use organics, because they must be heated up to about 120°C and you don't know if they decompose or not, so you need to be teste each one to see if it fades or changes its colour.
I HIGLY DO NOT recommend trying to heat Prussian Blue (ferric ferrocyanide). The light acidity of the rosin and the heat decompose it developing cyanhydric acid.
Alberto