From: Keith Gerling [mailto:keith.gerling@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 1:40 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: problems affixing Masa to support

I couldn't resist the cheap price of Masa paper and so I'm trying to head in the route of Loris and mount it to a support.  I'm having problems.  Loris, do you have any tips on how to mount this stuff?  I can't use 3M adhesive because the paper is too flimsy and there is no "wiggle room".  Once the paper touches the support I can't move it and I cannot find a way, even using  rollers, etc to assure that the paper goes on evenly.  Using a squeegee to affix the Masa with gelatin provides a easy way to apply, as I can reposition easily, but I have doubts as to whether a gelatin "glue" will withstand several long water baths.

Thanks!

Keith