U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: VDB

RE: VDB

I agree with Loris. You can get as much or more Dmax with VDB by gold toning (or toning with platinum or palladium) before fixing than you can get by double coating.

In general it is best practice to tone as soon as possible, i.e. right after the first wash in water. In fact, even protracted first water bath can reduce the silver image if too long. Too long for me is more than a minute.

Sandy