U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Sterling contact paper?

Re: Sterling contact paper?

Dear Sandy,

I'm not Chris but will provide some info anyway; AFAIK, you can get the best results with warmtone papers (in other words, papers that form images with relatively small silver particles/grains). The only way of knowing if a particular paper is fine for Lith printing is to test it. BTW, some papers that are not suitable for Lith Printing can still be used by bleaching and then redeveloping in a Lith developer -> but that's not true Lith Printing + to some, introducing another variable into the already complex (and often inconsistent) process may is not wise idea.

Quoting Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>:

Chris,

What are the requirements of a good paper for lith printing? Does it
have something to do with hardness of the gelatin coating?

Sandy