U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Eau de Javelle ( Javel )

Re: Eau de Javelle ( Javel )

I wonder if current Clorox is 6% - remember they increased the strength and reduced the size of the bottles within the last couple of years. The current blend seems to be a stronger dilution that the generic chlorine bleaches you can buy still in the larger bottles.
juan
Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
Thanks, Dan, for finding the percentage bleach of 6%. So if one mixed a little washing soda into the bleach it should approximate Javelle. I am shocked to find out Chlorox is only 6% because I can't imagine soaking a print in straight Chlorox!!! Gives me the heebeejeebees, too.