U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | "Chlorox"

"Chlorox"

There are other brands of bleach besides Chlorox -- generic or house brands of various suppliers... but a word of warning:

What about the long run? I don't know how you'd test, but my experience is that if it isn't very well washed out, it can yellow the paper. And/or it may otherwise hurt the paper over time -- making it more "friable" at the very least, also removing surface size -- at least those are effects I saw years ago. (Somewhere I may still have those "experiments." Somewhere.)

What do conservators say? Don't they faint when you say "bleach"?

J.